Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Camping!

I forgot to mention in my last post that we were going camping to celebrate Labor Day, of course, and my sister-in-laws 30th birthday. I assumed we wouldn't have much fun and we'd roast. I was wrong about both. We had a great time and we DOUBLE ROASTED. The nights were freezing but by 10 am it felt like 100 degrees. We hiked, watched the men drink beer, and rode a pontoon. The Hawk and Kangaroo even got to be the boat captain for a little while. The Monkey's behavior was decent. She had her moments, as she always does, but all in all, I give her a B in behavior. She had lots of family there to keep her busy.



There was an invasion of skunks though by our campsite, which had us a bit nervous, especially Grandma. Fortunately, none of us were squirt. Here are some pictures from the weekend.


The Monkey passed out from the extreme heat on the pontoon.

Captain Hawk



Captain Kangaroo (isn't that a real name of something?)

Because of camping, I wasn't able to make the first day of school movie, but hope to get to it soon. I'm going to be honest though; I may end up using the second child excuse and not get around to it until the end of the year (last year I had the Hawk's first day of school movie made before bed-time the same day). Poor Kangaroo, he just had to be born second.

Which brings me to the Monkey. Today was her first day of preschool and I have absolutely nothing to show for it. The bus got here a few minutes early and I was not prepared. The Monkey's shoes weren't on and the camera was no where to be found.

When she got home I wasn't prepared either. I was sitting at my desk working and saw the bus pull up out of the corner of my eye. I had to run out quick to get her off. So, my three year old had her first day of school and even got on a bus and I don't have a single picture. Well, except for the one I took when she came in the house. Here it is.


Papee (what she calls Dad) stayed home today so he could see her going to school but it all went so quickly that he missed it. Then he figured he'd be here to see her get off the bus, but missed that also (I think he may have been in the basement and didn't hear me holler for him. He was very disappointed.



Last week when I met with her teachers to go over her educational plan, I said one of my goals was for her to be able to come home and tell me about her day without babbling. I didn't realize until today how much that meant to me. I asked her what she did, what her snack was, if she was good, if she bit anyone, if she hit anyone, if she pulled the teacher's hair, and so on and so on, but her only response was matytalskdfrjaskheoajdhsthoe. I have no idea how she did. I was hoping for a note from her teacher at least telling me if she threw any fits, but nothing. It makes me very sad. When she was in Guatemala I hated not knowing what she was doing, but since she's been home, I've known exactly what she was doing all the time (except for Thursday night when she turned the hose all the way on outside and I didn't notice until this morning, yes, 4 days later; that water bill is going to be between $500-$1000; I am absolutely sick over it). She didn't have a note saying "please never send her back" so she must not have been too bad.

Oh well, maybe I'll get a note tomorrow. Brownies are burning, I've got to go.

No comments: